Why are financial statements still not publicly available?
On February 4 at 11:00, open data experts will hold a round table to discuss this issue.
You can join the meeting by clicking the following Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83869204074
The meeting is organized by the Better Regulation Delivery Office (BRDO) together with OpenUp Ukraine, youcontrol.com.ua – YouControl, and the Public Council (GromRada) at the Ministry of Digital Transformation.
Corporate financial statements are one of the most popular data sets among businesses, government agencies, and the public. Financial reporting analysis helps to create a transparent business environment, as well as prevent financial and corruption risks.
We invite you to join the round table to understand what prevents making financial statements public, hear the experts and discuss current challenges that require the synchronization of efforts and collaboration.
The following issues will be discussed at the meeting:
- Quality of financial statements published by the State Tax Service.
- What financial statements are not included in the data set and why do users need them?
- How to change this situation?
The round table will be attended by:
- Mykhailo Kornieiev, Head of the Open Data Expert Group of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine,
- Dmytro Lebedyev, BRDO analyst,
- Yaroslav Garaguts, founder and developer of the Clarity Project open data analytics system,
- Danylo Globa, Deputy Director for Legal Affairs, YouControl,
- Yegor Stefanovych, representative of the Public Council at the Ministry of Digital Transformation,
- Ivan Lakhtionov, representative of Transparency International Ukraine,
- Volodymyr Tarnai, regional manager of Open Contracting Partnership in Eastern Europe and Central Asia,
as well as representatives of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, the State Tax Service of Ukraine, and the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
Moderator — Nadiya Babynska, OpenUp coordinator.
Please keep in mind that you can participate in a survey on the use of financial statements of Ukrainian enterprises: https://forms.gle/LSnkJVeoMBgbYKfA9. If you use this type of open data, please fill out the form. This information will help our experts in analyzing the quality and completeness of published data.
The event is organized as part of the RAPID project implemented with the support of the Press, Education, and Culture Department of the US Embassy in Ukraine, as well as in partnership with the American Councils and the Open World Ukraine program. The views of the participants do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Government.