To simplify the procedure of connection to engineering networks
Amending the legislation.
Draft Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding Resolving Certain Issues of Connection to Engineering Networks”.
The reform provides for:
- standardization, unification, and simplification of the procedure of connection of construction objects to gas, electricity, heat, and water supply networks;
- promotion of the preservation and development of the system of engineering networks intended for transportation, distribution, movement of goods/services by gas distribution systems, electricity distribution networks, water supply, and heating engineering networks to the place of connection of customers’ facilities and from the place of connection of customers’ facilities by sewerage networks in Ukraine;
- creation of a legal basis for effective management of engineering networks, in particular by conducting an inventory of protected areas of engineering networks and displaying them in the cadastre of the State Service of Ukraine for Geodesy, Cartography, and Cadastre (StateGeoCadastre) and other information on engineering networks in geodata resources and the Unified State Electronic System in the Construction Sector;
- reducing the number of procedures, documents, and approvals;
- reducing the amount of time spent by customers for connection;
- introduction of a “single window” mechanism for submitting appeals, applications, requests, obtaining information and initial data required for planning and design and installation and construction works, approving design documentation for construction, reconstruction, and re-equipment of networks.
Why is this essential for Ukraine?
The simplified connection to engineering networks can be an additional driver of economic growth, increasing production and facilitating access to resources.