The full-scale invasion of the Russian Federation into Ukraine led to the fact that numerous industrial and energy facilities in our country were destroyed or damaged to varying degrees.
How to restore the economy of Ukraine in such conditions?
First of all, to attract private domestic and foreign investments. This will be facilitated by the simplification of the procedure for changing the purpose of land plots.
Draft law No. 9627 of August 21, 2023, registered by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, is intended to implement this plan. The BRDO team participated in the development of the document.
What does the bill No. 9627 offer?
1. Make changes to the Land Code of Ukraine.
In particular, simplify the procedure for establishing and changing the purpose of land plots in territories outside settlements (if there is no approved urban planning documentation for such territories at the local level) for the placement of:
- industrial buildings and warehouses
- agricultural, forestry and fishery buildings;
- pipelines, communications and power lines;
- complex industrial buildings.
Legislative changes will not apply to:
- use of lands assigned to the categories of nature reserve fund and other nature conservation purpose, land of historical and cultural purpose, land of water fund, recreational, forestry purpose;
- placement of main oil pipelines and main gas pipelines;
- placement of enterprises and facilities of enterprises for the enrichment and processing of nuclear materials; waste incineration facilities and furnaces; nuclear power plants.
Such simplification will be in effect during the legal regime of martial law and five years from the date of its termination or cancellation in Ukraine or in the relevant separate area.
2. Make changes to the Law of Ukraine “On Regulation of Urban Development Activities”.
The changes will provide that:
- information of the urban planning cadastre (for the period before the creation of such a cadastre) can be entered into the Unified State Electronic System in the Field of Construction (EDESSB);
- extracts from urban planning documentation are created using EDESSB;
- during the operation of the legal regime of martial law and within five years from the date of its termination or cancellation in Ukraine or in a corresponding separate area, the establishment and change of the purpose of land plots for the above-mentioned purposes is allowed in the absence of urban planning documentation at the local level.
The draft law will facilitate the implementation of investment projects necessary for the rapid and effective recovery of the industry of our country in the post-war period. Moreover, this draft law will be useful not only for attracting private investments, but also for the construction of industrial facilities, which will be built at the expense of budget funds (for example, in the field of development of the defense-industrial complex).
We will remind you that BRDO specialists took part in the development of the Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Improving the Procedure for Providing Administrative Services in the Construction Sector and Creating a Unified State Electronic System in the Construction Sector”, as well as the Procedure for Conducting the EDESSB.